Monday, February 14, 2011

update

I had a relaxing weekend with my husband. Friday, I dropped my son off with his Grandma's where his Dad was suppose to take him home but there wasn't enough room in the car so he stayed there. Don't ask me.
So, Friday night, after work, my husband and I went out to dinner. We had a nice time and I stayed up late and had a little to drink. It felt so good to just relax and not worry. I was able to sleep in and spend Saturday with my husband.
On Sunday, I suddenly realized that it was Valentine's day the next day and we would have to do my sons cards. I pick him up at 6 pm and my ex said that he was complaining of not feeling well. He picked at his dinner like a bird. We had chicken and he loves it and didn't eat. He had a breakdown because he needed to make a box for his cards and all we had was a tissue box. Finally, we got him to take a shower and then he calmed down enough to help me make the box.

My son is still coughing. I gave him some cough meds even though it says that if you have a chronic cough don't use it. I also made sure that he was propped up on his pillows. Between the two his cough stopped during the night. However, when I woke up about 5 am and realized that he slept all night and I didn't hear his cough. I was wondering if he was still breathing. I was afraid to go look. Then, I had to go check. I went into his room and when I couldn't tell if his chest was rising, I touched him and he woke up. I felt dumb. What did I really expect? Did I really expect that he would be dead?

In two more days, he goes to the Doc again. I hope we can find an answer and a solution to his illness. He says that he isn't out of breath so that would mean that he doesn't need the inhaler. But he needs relief from a chronic cough and constant runny nose.

On a side note to all this. I do think he is slimming down. I think I am seeing it. I don't know if it's because I want what we are doing to help him become thinner or if he really is.

Just for the record, at the end of January he was almost 5 ft and weighed 134 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment