Thursday, February 10, 2011

Savings on groceries


Take a look at the picture. This is the menu for one of the many packages that people can order through Angel Ministries. It's not a hand out. Well, I don't think it's an hand out because it's not free. However, I am seeing this as an chance to lower my cost of my groceries and hopefully change our patten of every day shopping. My husband waits table and makes money everyday but I think that leads to poor choices and lack of timing when it comes to preparing meals. I am home four days a week and I am hoping that by ordering a package like this or two will help me be able to create more meals that are not always on the fly. I will be paying for this tomorrow or next Friday and then I have to go back and get the food. I will make sure I blog about this program.

On the subject of my son eating better, we still have work to do. We haven't been the best with getting veggies down him. I just bought some V8 and we are going to try that since it has two servings of veggies in a glass.

My son has actually started to eat less now on his own. I think it may have to do with the medication. I am not sure, but it's so not like my son not to finish his dinner. He hasn't been well either. He just hasn't recovered from taking away the allergy pill. I am a little worried for him. I hope he starts to improve soon. It's not keeping him out of school but the coughing sure keeps him from getting enough rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment