Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I remember when I was young my Mom was part of this program called share and basically it helped you get fruits and veggies and I don't remember what else. I remember that she had to pay for it and volunteer two hours of service a month. So, I decided to see if something like that still around but I didn't find it.
What I did find was this place called Angel Food Ministries. You can check it out here.

I am going to talk this over with my husband and call and ask more questions. I am interested in checking them out because I really want to focus on healthy eating habits and I want to find cheaper ways to be able to provide fruits and veggies for my family.

I have been busy trying to dust the house. This isn't something I do often. Also, been brushing the dogs. I really don't want to give away our three dogs. So, I am trying to make this effort to brush them more often.

My husband is still smoking in the house, but I am hoping that when he sees that I am making efforts to make our house a better environment he will make the adjustment to go outside. We have a screen in porch and a little plastic could make it more bearable. He has been saying how he wishes he could quit and maybe this will be what he needs to try to stop.

I am going to keep a diary of what my son eats. Also, I just have to start saying no more. I believe he eats because he is bored. My son isn't getting juice and not liking to drink water. I am trying to drink more water too. I love diet soda and I don't want to drink soda all the time while he can get mostly water.

I would like to take my son to the YMCA but we are having a blizzard and not the kind from Dairy Queen. The schools in my area have been closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment