Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I made it to the Y three times this week again. I spent one day between being with my friend and my son. I spent the next day trying out Zumba. My son was with me and wanted to go to a class too but the instructor didn't show up. This makes me very upset. They did create a room for 13 to 17 year olds but it almost looked like they tried to hide the room with dark shades. The person in charged told me my son could stay in there. My son is 12 so by rules he shouldn't. On the other hand though I don't have to have a babysitter for my son at the Y. I struggle with getting my workout in and his. My idea of burning calories and breaking a sweat are different and I have to be able to let go and remember that even if he is scattered brained and jumps from machine to machine that it beats him sitting home watching tv. I caught him watching me do Zumba and I didn't like knowing he was watching and motioned for him to go away. I explained that watching it wasn't bad but watching Mom is weird to Mom. Tonight, my son tried out some of the new strength training machines they put in for the adults. I barely knew how to use the old ones and now I don't have a clue. I went and did a water class on my own. I feel bad cause most of the cooking is falling on my husband's shoulders if I am going to the Y three days in a row. I work 36 hours a week plus the babysitting at the church so I don't always have a chance to go and or do the cooking. I have been doing the myfitnesspal and counting calories and never sure if I am on it right or not with the measurements. I told myself that I wouldn't get serious enough to weigh food but I found myself wanting one. My husband told me to wait until this weekend but came home with one tonight. It will be interesting to see if I have been off and which way. I have been getting up 15 minutes earlier than my son. This gives me some time to wake up before eating breakfast with my son. I am trying to get my son's eating habits kind of close to mine. Not that it's always the same. I used to just eat cereal and now I measure out cereal and most of the time get fruit and yogurt. My breakfast usually is under 400 calories and I wonder if this is a safe amount for my son. I am not really counting his calories but I know the average that I am consuming so his is pretty close to be the same. He hasn't been giving me any issues over this now. I hope to get to the Y at least one more time this week. Hopefully, I can go on my own. Maybe, do another Zumba class.

No comments:

Post a Comment