Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's move!!

Stephen was given an orientation at the YMCA. It's really not suppose to happen until he is 13 but I think they are allowing this because I raised a concern about the classes were not happening like they said they would. He loved going but it was a hit or miss if the instructor showed up or not. He has already used the treadmills and bikes on a couple occasions but the orientation makes us following the rules. So far, he likes it. He does have a short attention span so he will try to machine hop but I try to stop that. Tonight, we did 30 minutes on a treadmill and ten minutes on a elliptical. We were shown the ropes on how to use the strength machines. When the guy said he would show us I heard my son say, I don't want to workout in there. Once the guy was showing him how it worked and let him get a feel for it he was hooked. After we did the cardio, we did strength training. This is an area of the Y that I haven't been using because I have never felt at ease in there. Mostly, I was just letting my son use the machines and reminding him to go slow. It's not a raise. I did do a few of the machines and he was like the work out police trying to tell me how the machines work. It was cute. Shortly after five pm, we arrived at 2 pm, my friend came with her daughter for a water class that she wanted to try out with me. I let me son have free time to be on his own except I wouldn't let him sit on the computers in the lobby that they recently put in. I really don't get why they even put those things in. My friend and her daughter enjoyed the water class and might come back on Wednesday with me. I have to try to come up with a workable plan that will get my son exercise at the Y and also get my own time. I really didn't feel like I got much of a workout in the cardio because I just can't focus on myself when I have to listen to Mom Mom Mom. haha I am sure I will figure it out. I recently just free up sometime because I kind of got fired from MELD. Plus, a couple months ago, I got four hours out of my work week. I had my son get on the scale so I know what he weighs and he is up to 149. It's a 20 lb gain from one year ago. He goes to the doc on Wednesday so I will know then if the Y scale was correct and also what his height is at. I thought I recorded his weight from his very last appointment in December but I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment