Monday, March 14, 2011

My son weighed in at 134 lbs. So, he didn't gain or lose and I am okay with that. I would have rather it been down a lb or two but that's okay.

He coughs every day and most nights but it's not a lot.

The doc suggested we start eliminating our pets. It seemed like he didn't want to do an allergy test after all. I made it clear that we will not give our pets away without answers. We just won't play guessing games with the lives of our animals. I got the speech that if something was making his son sick then the dog would have to go. So, when I asked him if he would remove the dog without proof he said no. He suggested someone babysit them for a week. Anyone want to babysit 3 bunnies and 3 dogs?

He did say that he will give us a referral to an allergy doc so that makes me happy. I hope it's not the dogs. Plus, spring will get here soon and most likely he will get better.

We had the ducts cleaned and hopefully that helps too.

2 comments:

  1. My son too has respitory issues. In addition, I have worked in health care for 11 years.
    These are things to consider:
    1. Dust and clean your house weekly
    2. Change bed linens two times a week
    3. Keep all windows closed
    4. If you or anyone in your family smokes...STOP!
    5. Smoke on your clothes is also very bad
    5. Kids need two kinds of liquids... water / milk
    6. Dog hair is always a contributor
    7. Don't put your dogs before your son's health
    8. No processed food
    9. No canned or packaged foods
    10. Buy organic when available
    11. Do not bring soda, juice, chips, candy or sweets into your home
    12. Pack your child's lunch... there is nothing good in a piece of lunch room pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestions. I have to disagree with some of the things you said.
    My son only coughs during the winter months and the doctor says what do we all do in the winter? We stay indoors with the windows closed and such. So, during the comfortable months where we can get away from running the ac we will have the doors and windows open.
    I have been trying to dust more and clean more and while it seems like it gets dusty all over again. I am hoping cleaning the vents will help with that.
    I disagree about the school lunches. Where I live they have really tried hard to make things healthier for the children. So healthy that kids are not eating the food. My son refuses to drink the 1% milk where before he would drink the chocolate milk.
    I like the idea of no cans or packaged foods and no processed foods but we all know that is easier said than done and more expensive. So, how will I ever do all that cleaning if I am working two jobs to be able to afford it.

    As far as my pets are concerned we are just not going to buy into the fact that they are the problem without proof. My son is about to turn 11 and has been around animals his whole life. Our oldest dog is about 8 years old and the other two are about three years of age.

    ReplyDelete