Friday, October 7, 2011

If I could take it all away I would....

If I could take away the autism or whatever disorder that is making his life more of a challenge I would.

If I could take away the allergies that seem to be bothersome mostly October thru who knows when I would.

If I could take away the asthma that makes it hard to breathe when the allergies irritate his lungs I would. 

I am not one of those Mom's that says oh.. I wouldn't change a thing about my son. I do love my son just as he is and for who he is but if I could take away his challenges in life that we struggle with daily I would do it.

My son has learning disabilities.  He is not lazy. He maybe at times fight because it's so hard. But it's not the same as just being lazy.

My son loves to eat and eats slow. I think it's an oral fixation that I don't quite know what to do with. At his Dad's it seems to be worse but we don't have the luxury of letting him eat a meal for an hour. We don't let him sip on juice all day so he doesn't sip on a dish soap style lid. (that's how I think of the kind that resemble dish soap and I can't drink from them)

If I could take away it all away... I would do it in an heart beat. It's not cause I don't love him. It's cause I love him too much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment