Tuesday, May 17, 2011

update

My son has been doing really well with his symptoms from allergies/asthma. I couldn't be happier. However, my son has become more scattered brained lately. It's harder to keep him on task at home but the school reports that he is doing great at school.

We been having major issues with how much he wants to eat and how he gets so upset when we try to control his intake. Sometimes, it's like he will eat until he just can't put another bite into his mouth by looking at him but he never seems like he would reach that limit on his own.

It has helped a little bit with snacking if he wants something and I offer something like a banana or a yogurt and if he doesn't take that then he gets nothing. It's just an extremely challenging time because we want him to be healthy and not feel like he can't keep up with other kids.

We did get my son a bike this week and that has gotten him outside quite a bit more. I am hoping that will help with the hunger/boredom eating that he wants to do all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment